What is the National Black United Front?
The National Black United Front (NBUF) is an organization made up of concerned and committed individuals and organizations who have united to assume responsibility for working and leading the struggle for a better life for themselves and their children. NBUF is a broad-based organization which includes all social, political, religious and cultural sections of the Black community. It is the young, the elderly, the students, the imprisoned, the workers, and the dropout all working together to overcome our common problems. In the words of Marcus Garvey, “Up you mighty race, you can accomplish what you will.”
Principles of Unity
1. To struggle for self-determination, liberation and power for Black people in the United States.
2. To work in unity and common struggle with Afrikan liberation movements and people.
3. To build a politically conscious, unified, committed and effective Black mass movement.
4. To struggle to eliminate racism (including Zionism and Apartheid), sexism (the oppression, throughout the world, exploitation and inequality of women), monopoly capitalism, colonialism, neo-colonialism, imperialism and national oppression.
5. To maintain strict political and financial independence of the National Black United Front.
6. To build unity and common struggle with oppressed people in the United Sates and throughout the world, as long as the best interests of Black people are not contradicted.
7. To continue the political/cultural revolution to create a new vision and value system and a new Black man, woman and child based on common struggle around the needs of the Black.
8. To continue to struggle, to maximize, the unity of the Black Liberation Movement and Black people; to eliminate internal violence, character assassination and self-destruction; to establish a viable process to arbitrate all major conflicts within the Black Liberation Movement and Black community.